The H-index is off the charts as Amielle and Nicole Davies chat about how attention and syllables don’t exist. We learn about a new non-pharmaceutical ADHD treatment that threatens to ruin video games (Mishra et al., 2021). And there’s sometimes a good reason why juvenile zebra finches decide to disobey their tutors (Tchernichovski et al., 2021). Also, c&#$ plots.
- All videos of Davies’ SciPyConf queso eating have been scrubbed from the internet.
- ~13:00 – Closed-loop neurofeedback of alpha synchrony during goal-directed attention. (Mishra et al., 2021)
- ~31:00 – Spontaneous network coupling enables efficient task performance without local task-induced activations. (Allaman et al., 2020)
- ~35:00 – No one knows what attention is. (Hommel et al., 2019)
- ~46:00 – Balanced imitation sustains song culture in zebra finches. (Tchernichovski et al., 2021)
- ~1:15:00 – Discussion on the merits of sharing scientific concepts: Scientific conclusions need not be accurate, justified, or believed by their authors. (Dang & Bright, 2021)